Please note: While we do provide email setup support articles in our FAQ, our Technical Support team are unable to provide support for third party email software. We recommend contacting the software vendor for troubleshooting issues with these applications. Click here for the Apple Support page.
Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need Australian Web Experts to set up the email accounts you require. The configuration information will be available via webmail in the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
With these details and the guide we provide below you should be able to complete setup on your device.
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app and go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click Add an email account.
2. Click Other on the Add Account page.
3. Select Add Mail Account under the Mail heading.
4. Enter the name (as you wish to show on outgoing messages), your full email address, password and a description (this only shows on your device).
5. Enter in the incoming and outgoing server details as follows. Note: The ‘optional’ Outgoing Mail Server details are mandatory!
- Incoming Host Name: This is your domain name with mail. in front of it (example mail.australianwebexperts.com.au)
- Username: Your full email address needs to go here.
- Password: The password for your email account
- Outgoing Host Name: This should be identical to the Incoming Host Name.
- Username: Your full email address again, as above.
- Password: The password again, as above.
If you receive a security warning, you can safely accept this.
6. Make sure Mail is switched to on (green). If you wish to associate notes with this account, you can turn this on using the toggle slider too.
7. Voila! You should now be ready to go! Head to the Mail App on your iDevice and start sending/receiving!
Still having issues getting setup?
As mentioned, Our support on issues using this software is limited. We are happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place though.
Please email our technical support team ([email protected]) with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed. Past this you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendors knowledge base. Click here for the Apple Support page.