Mail App Setup for Android
Please note: While we do provide email setup support articles, our Technical Support team are unable to provide support for third party email software. We recommend contacting the software vendor for troubleshooting issues with these applications. Click here for the Android Help page.
Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need Australian Web Experts to set up the email accounts you require. The configuration information will be available via webmail in the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
With these details and the guide we provide below you should be able to complete setup on your device.
1. Open the Mail (or ‘Email’) App and select Add new account. Enter your full email address and password, then tap MANUAL SETUP.
2. Tap IMAP Account as the type.
3. Enter in your account information.
- Email address: Your full email address needs to go here.
- Username: Your full email address, the same as above.
- Password: The password for your email account
- Incoming server: This is your domain name with mail. in front of it (example mail.australianwebexperts.com.au)
- Security type: SSL
- Port: 993
4. Continue filling out the details.
- SMTP server: This should be identical to the Incoming server.
- Security type: SSL
- Port: 465
Make sure ‘Authentication required before sending emails’ is ticked.
- Username: Your full email address again.
- Password: Your email account password
Tap SIGN IN.
5. You should now be ready to send/receive emails!
Still having issues getting setup?
As mentioned, Our support on issues using this software is limited. We are happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place though.
Please submit an email through to our technical support team ([email protected]) with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed. Past this you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendors knowledge base. Click here for the Android Help page.